Campus Accessibility, Policies and Protocols

Hudson Valley Community College is approximately 90 percent accessible to the mobility impaired with the remaining 10 percent accommodated through special scheduling. Existing structures on campus have been modified and are continually being updated with regard to accessibility. Among those modifications are reserved parking spaces, curb cutouts, building approaches, wheelchair ramps, enclosed walkways, electric doors, lowered pay telephones, lowered drinking fountains and first floor bathrooms.

The Center for Access and Assistive Technology offers a wide range of support services. Each incoming student completes a needs assessment form that indicates the type of disability the student has, the special equipment and skills a student possesses, and the support services the student feels are necessary to his/her successful academic functioning.

Members of the campus community should review and become familiar with the college's Evacuation Guidelines for Individuals with Mobility Impairments.

Policies and Protocols

Get in Touch

Center for Access and Assistive Technology

Siek Campus Center, Room 130

TDD: (518) 629-7596
Fax: (518) 629-4831

Office Hours: Monday through Thursday, 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.; Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Summer 2024 Hours (May 20 - July 26): Monday – Thursday, 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.; Friday, Closed