Transferring Financial Aid

If you have already completed a FAFSA for the current year, you do not have to complete a new FAFSA if you are transferring during the same academic year. You do, however, have a few important tasks to complete.

Transferring Aid from Another School

To transfer your financial aid to Hudson Valley Community College from another school:

  1. Locate your Federal Student Aid ID.
  2. Once you have your FSA ID, go to and choose the option “Make Corrections to a Processed FAFSA.” Add the Hudson Valley Community College school code (002868) and be sure to SUBMIT your change.
    • You will see a confirmation number when the change has been submitted.
    • Your FAFSA change will be received in 5 - 7 days.

Changing TAP Codes

  1. To change your TAP school, go to
  2. Choose "Student Access," then choose "Change TAP College Code/Address" and enter your HESC user ID and PIN.
    • Be sure to only change the school listed for the semester(s) that you will be attending a different school.
    • The Hudson Valley Community College TAP code is 2080.

Transferring Aid to Another School

These same steps listed above can be utilized when changing financial aid from Hudson Valley Community College to another school You will need to use the school code you are transferring to.

Get in Touch

Mastrangelo Financial Aid Center
Guenther Enrollment Services Center, Room 110

FAFSA School Code: 002868
NYS TAP Code: 2080

Fax: (518) 629-7479

Office Hours: Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Summer 2024 Hours (May 20 - July 26): Monday – Thursday, 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.; Friday, Closed