ID Cards

All students, faculty and staff are required to obtain and carry Hudson Valley Community College identification cards at all times and should present them upon request to any college employee.

Other identification must be shown if such a request is made and you do not have your ID card in your possession. College-issued ID cards are to be surrendered upon termination for any reason. Loss of an ID card must be reported to the Registrar's Office immediately.

Student ID Carding

Why should I obtain my student ID card?
Your ID card will allow you to access many facilities on campus and will be necessary for you to participate in many student activities. Through the Faculty Student Association, you will be able to put money on your ID card and then use your ID card to purchase food at various locations on campus, including vending machines. Your ID card may be used to access your printing funds in the Library. There are many companies and organizations that give college students a discount based on presentation of a student ID card. Online only students are not required to obtain an ID card.

How do I obtain my student ID card?
An ID card may be obtained AFTER your bill has been paid.

You must have proper identification with you in order to have your ID card processed. We will accept the following as proper identification:

  • A valid picture driver's license or some other picture ID card issued by a governmental agency. This includes your Hudson Valley Community College ID card if you need to obtain a new one.

If you do not have either of these identifications, any of the following combinations of identifications will be acceptable:

  • Original Birth Certificate and Original Social Security Card
  • Original Birth Certificate and HVCC bill or schedule
  • Original Social Security Card and HVCC bill or schedule
  • Original Birth Certificate and High School Picture ID Card
  • Original Social Security Card and High School Picture ID Card

Where do I obtain my student ID card?
The ID Card Office is located on the first floor of Guenther Enrollment Services Center and is open at the beginning of each semester.

If you are unable to obtain your ID card when the ID card office is open, please go to the Office of Public Safety in the Siek Campus Center, Room 170.

What do I do if I lost my student ID card?
If your ID card has been lost, you must go to the Cashier's Office, located in Guenther Enrollment Services Center, and pay the ID card replacement fee. You will then bring your receipt to the Office of Public Safety in the Siek Campus Center, Room 170 and receive a replacement card.

Do I need to update my ID if I was here several years ago?
If you have a Hudson Valley ID card that was issued in the last five years, you do not need a new ID card. Your ID card should just show your picture, a blue line with the word "Student," and your name at the bottom. If your ID card shows other information, you should get it replaced at no charge. Please bring the old ID card with you so you are not charged the replacement fee.

Get in Touch

Department of Public Safety
Siek Campus Center, Suite 170

Open 24 hours a day, seven days a week.