Certificate of Residence Information

In order to qualify for resident tuition rates, you must have a valid Certificate of Residence on file with the Hudson Valley Community College Cashier's Office.

If you are a Veteran attending Hudson Valley Community College in accordance with the federal GI bills and in compliance with all applicable eligibility requirements thereof and you are not eligible to obtain a Certificate of Residence, you should contact the Cashier's Office to have the non-resident tuition charge removed from your account.

If you have been a permanent resident of New York State for a minimum of one year, you most likely qualify to receive the Certificate of Residence. You will be required to document your permanent resident status upon application for the Certificate of Residence.

Where do I get it?

NYS County & Local Offices

When do I get it?

Certificates are valid only if issued within 60 days prior to the start of classes.

Spring 2022: Certificate must be dated on or after Nov. 19, 2021.
Summer 2022: Certificate must be dated on or after March 24, 2022.
Fall 2022: Certificate must be dated on or after June 30, 2022.

Why do I need it?

A Certificate of Residence enables Hudson Valley Community College to charge your county for part of your tuition costs.
**If you do not submit a Certificate of Residence you will be considered a NON-resident of New York State and will be required to pay the additional non-resident tuition.**

When do I give it to the college and who do I give it to?

A Certificate of Residence must be submitted prior to or at the time of payment of your tuition and fees.

Your Certificate of Residence should be submitted to the Cashier's Office at Hudson Valley Community College. You may bring the Certificate in person to the Guenther Enrollment Services Center, room 125 or mail it to:

Hudson Valley Community College
PO Box 1470
Troy, NY 12181

You may email a scanned copy or fax the Certificate, however, we must receive the original Certificate by the start of classes.
Fax: (518) 629-4892
Email: cashier@hvcc.edu

How long is my Certificate good for?

Certificates of Residence are valid for one year. For example, if you submit a Certificate of Residence for the fall semester, you will need to obtain and submit a new Certificate of Residence for the following fall semester.

Get in Touch

Cashier's Office

Guenther Enrollment Services Center, Room 125

Fax: (518) 629-4892

Regular Hours: Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Summer Hours*: Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
*Summer hours are in effect beginning Monday next following Memorial Day for a period of ten weeks.

Mailing Address:
HVCC Cashier's Office
PO Box 1470
Troy, NY 12181