Human Services and Chemical Dependency Counseling

Your academic advisor is available to help you with scheduling, adding or dropping a course, or planning for your academic future. Your academic advisor also is a good place to start when you're not sure who you need to talk to about a problem or question and can assist you in identifying and communicating with other offices at the college.

Advisement and Course Registration

New Students

All new students in the Human Services and Chemical Dependency Counseling Department need to schedule an appointment to meet with an academic advisor to select courses for the first semester. Call the office at (518) 629-7341 to make an appointment

New students in department are also are required to attend New Student Orientation prior to the start of classes, either before or after their academic advisement appointment.
NOTE: Students in the Chemical Dependency Counseling certificate and degree programs will be required to attend an additional program-based orientation before the semester begins.

Current and Transfer Students

Advisement will be done during walk-in times. Hours are posted in the Human Services and Chemical Dependency Counseling Department or you may call (518) 629-7341 for current advisement hours.

Part-time and evening students and students with disabilities should call (518) 629-7341 for an appointment.

Academic Advisor

Maryanne Pepe, Department Chairperson

Get in Touch

Department or program information:

Maryanne Pepe
Brahan Hall, Room 008

Program admission information:

Guenther Enrollment Services Center, Room 223