Commercial Driver’s License (CDL)

Commercial driver in truckTake your career on the road and enroll in the Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) program. With a CDL, you can find job opportunities driving large buses (such as city buses, tourist buses, and school buses), box trucks (including delivery trucks), dump trucks, 18-wheelers and more.

Training and Career Outlook

Start Your New Career

What do I need to get started?

To enter the CDL program, students must be at least 18 years old and have a valid NYS driver's license for at least one year. The EOC administers a Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE). A qualifying score on the TABE is required. Contact the EOC to start working toward your goal today!

Wall of text at EOC

We'd love to work with you.

Apply to the EOC Request Information

Get in Touch

Contact the EOC


Capital District Educational Opportunity Center
431 River Street, Troy, NY 12180

Capital District Educational Opportunity Center at HVCC South
Capital South Campus Center
20 Warren Street, Albany, NY 12202

EOC logo