Student Printing Policy
To better serve the campus community, Hudson Valley Community College has implemented a pay-for-print system for students.
At the start of each semester (spring, summer, fall and intersession), students are provided a college-issued print credit, in an amount based upon their enrollment type.
- This print credit will be refreshed at the start of each semester.
- Unused college-issued print credits do not carry over from previous semesters; (If you have added funds to your account, these credits will carry forward so long as you remain a registered student).
- Once the college-issued print credit has been exhausted, students will need to add additional funds to the account to continue printing.
- Funds added to the account are non-refundable.
- Printing accounts for students will close on the last date of the registration period for the fall or spring semester immediately following the semester of last date of attendance. (Example: If you were a student for the fall semester, and you do not register for a course prior to the last registration date for the following spring semester, your printing account will be closed.)
At the start of each semester (spring, summer, fall and intersession), the following college-issued print credits will be given:
- Full-time students: During the fall and spring semesters, (students taking 12 or more credit hours) will receive a $30/semester credit, the equivalent of 375 black and white printed pages.
- Part-time students: During the fall and spring semesters, (students taking less than 12 credit hours) receive a $15/semester credit, the equivalent of 187 black and white printed pages.
- Summer and intersession students: All students taking credit-bearing courses receive $15.
- Credit-free students: No print credit will be issued unless the student is enrolled in a credit-free course that has an associated computer fee. If applicable, the print credit issued will be $10/semester.
Students can purchase additional printing credits using the following options:
- Pay Stations
Pay Stations are located on the first floor of the Marvin Library Learning Commons and in the Siek Campus Center. These machines accept coins and bills in the following amounts: $0.05, $0.10, $0.25, $1, $5, $10 and $20.
Funds can be added to the print account using a credit card through Print Services (PaperCut).
- Cashier's Office
Students can add funds to the print account at the Cashier's Office, located in Guenter Enrollment Services Center, room 125.
- Standard 8 1/2 x 11 paper - single sided
- Black & White: $0.08 per page
- Color: $0.30 per page
- 11 x 17 paper - single sided
- Black & White: $0.16 per page
- Color: $0.60 per page
- Duplex (two sided) printing will be discounted 25 percent and will be set as the default on all duplex capable printers.
Using Student Printing
TIP: To avoid being charged for printing a blank page, first preview your document using the Print Preview feature to make any changes before sending it to the printer.
In classrooms you will be shown a confirmation window with the cost of the print job before you send it.
In open access computer labs (CLC, Computer Cafe), in addition to the confirmation window you will need to go to a print release station and swipe your college ID card or log on with your college username and password to release the print job to the printer. A list of print jobs will be displayed, and you can either click "Print" or "Cancel" on selected files. Unreleased print jobs will be removed from the queue after 24 hours.
For specific details on how to print and account management, see Student Printing Help and Print Services User Interface - Manage your Account.