The Administrative Information Management and Technology degree provides you with a foundation of skills in information management and technology used in today's fast-paced office environment.
Students study document preparation, spreadsheets, databases, business communications, office management, desktop publishing and Web design and are prepared for employment in a variety of business settings.
This academic program is primarily designed for those who wish to enter the workforce immediately following graduation.
This program is offered by the Computing and Information Sciences Department.
- Instruction is provided in the most popular software used in today's business environment, including web and database applications.
- Degree requirements can be met through either full- or part-time study.
- Graduates will be prepared to take the Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) and Internet and Core Computing (IC3) exams.
Program can be completed by attending online.
Career and Transfer Opportunities
Career opportunities exist in private business and in the public sector with the skills learned in this degree program. Career titles include: Administrative Assistant, Executive Office Assistant, Secretary, Technical Assistant.
Recent employers include: Capital District Physicians Health Plan; Focused Technologies; Kelly Temporary Employment Services; NYS Dept. of Transportation; NYS Dept. of Tax and Finance; NYS Governor's Office of Employee Relations; NYS Office of Mental Health; Phillips Home Solutions; Troy School District.
Salaries vary based on position and degree attainment. Here are median salaries taken from the Bureau of Labor Statistics (as of 2015): Secretary/Administrative Assistant, $36,500; Receptionist, $27,300; Information Clerk, $32,050
The Center for Careers and Transfer offers Career Services and Transfer Services to all students.
Program Learning Outcomes
Graduates of the program should be able to:
- Demonstrate the technical skills to manage and communicate information in an office environment.
- Demonstrate the skills to effectively use and apply computing technology in contemporary environments.
- Demonstrate the ability to research employment opportunities and prepare an effective employment package.
For more information regarding this program, please contact:
Brahan Hall, Room 206
For more information about admission to this program, please contact:
Guenther Enrollment Services Center, Room 223